By entering your personal information in our website you accept that we may retain your information and it may be held by CHEM TECH. We do NOT share your personal information (eg. name, email address, delivery address) with third party companies.
What we collect and why
The information we gather from customers helps us to continually improve the service we offer to our customers.
When you shop with us, there are different ways we gather information about you:
- When you register with us, we ask for information such as your name, e-mail address, gender, delivery address and contact details. We keep a record of this information. All this is necessary for us to recognise you as a registered customer and to fulfil the orders you place with us. Storing this information means you do not need to re-enter these details each time you shop. If you place an order, we may also ask you for your debit or credit card details but we don't store these in our systems.
- We keep a record of your purchases with us, which means we can create lists of your favourite items to make your shopping experience quicker and more convenient. It also means we can deal a lot quicker with any problems you may experience with your order.
- We may also ask you to share with us your date of birth. This would be used for instance to allow you to take full advantage of our Rewards Program (to receive birthday gifts), or to allow us to securely identify you before sharing any other personal information with you.
- We keep a record of any e-mail correspondence you send us. This helps us keep track of your likes and dislikes and any problems or concerns you've had with our products or services.
- Telephone calls made to our Customer Support Team may be recorded for monitoring and quality control purposes.
We may collect information received from third parties about you. We work with third parties such as our business partners, information providers and credit reference agencies who may provide us with information about you from time to time. This information is necessary for us to recognize you as a trusted customer.
How we use your personal information
All the information we collect via our website or through correspondence with you is used by members of the CHEM TECH to operate and improve the service we offer you. We are committed to using your personal information only for:
- Dealing with orders and accounts for the supply of our goods and services.
- Monitoring and improving any of our websites and our services.
- Planning and managing our business activities, including analysing customers' shopping habits and preferences.
- Providing you with information about the products and services we offer.
- Providing you with periodic communications (this may be by post, telephone, SMS, email or as part of your delivery) about features, products, services, events, promotions and special offers. Such communications from Theshop.mu might include advertising for or offers from third parties (which we will pass on, on our partner's behalf. We will never pass your information outside of CHEM TECH for marketing purposes).
- Enabling a debt collection agency to collect payment from you should that be necessary.
- Preventing and detecting fraud or abuses of our website or services.
- Allowing us to comply with any requirements imposed on us by law or court order.
By opening an account with us you agree to us collecting and using your information in this way.
Unsubscribing from our marketing communications
You may opt out of receiving our marketing communications when you open your account or any time after that by 1) going to My Account page and unticking the appropriate box or 2) sending an email from your Theshop.mu registered email address to email@example.com with the word "unsubscribe" in the subject line.
The circumstances where we may share some of your information with others are described below:
Security and data retention
Security is very important to Theshop.mu and we use sophisticated technology to ensure that your information is protected at all times. Secure Socket Layer ("SSL") encryption technology is used for protection of all information that you send us. Additional security procedures are in place to protect the confidentiality and integrity of your information.
Where applicable, we reveal only the last four digits of your credit card number when confirming an order. We may also display the last four digits of your credit card, the expiry date and card type on your receipt. These details may be stored on our systems but the full credit card number is never stored on any of our systems.
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when using a shared computer.
Fraudsters create authentic looking, but false or "spoof" websites. Their purpose is to tempt users to enter personal information to be re-used to try and access your bank accounts. Fraudsters are increasingly turning to email to generate traffic to these websites. Recently customers of several financial institutions have received such emails and this activity is only likely to increase. Such emails typically contain a link to a spoof website and advise account holders to enter user names and passwords so that security details can be updated or passwords changed.
If you get any email containing an embedded link and a request for you to enter any personal details, treat it as suspicious and do not input any personal information, even if the page appears legitimate. No reputable company ever sends emails of this type.
You may change your personal information retained by Theshop.mu at any time by accessing your user profile at our website.
Access to information
You can access any personal data we hold about you, including data which we share with our business partners. If you would like to see what information we hold, we would suggest that you first visit your user profile at theshop.mu.
To request a formal copy of the personal data, please write to us at the address or email set out below stating "Subject Access Request", your name, and what type of personal data you would like to receive, for example transaction history to a particular address.
Please note that this type of request will be subject to a fee of Rs300 to meet our costs of providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
1-10 Sainte Marie Road,